Monday, November 24, 2014

The Night Before

Exactly 7 years ago today, I went to sleep not knowing what tomorrow would bring. All I knew was I was exhausted and sick. I knew something was wrong, but we were unsure of what it was exactly. Eminem said, "The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed." When I went to sleep on February 24, 2007, I had no idea that I was next in line for the roller coaster that is life with Type 1 Diabetes. Even today I am still on that ride experiencing the ups and downs, the highs and lows, but now I know that I am not alone. So tonight, as I lay in bed just as I did 7 years ago, instead of falling asleep scared of the unknown, I close my eyes and am eager to see what tomorrow has in store for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment